Complete guide to schooling your children in Spain from abroad

Getting your children into school in a new country can be a daunting process, especially if you are moving internationally. If you are planning to move to Spain from abroad and need to send your children to school, it is important to know the main procedures and documents needed to do it correctly.

Firstly, it is important to bear in mind that the education system in Spain is decentralised, so the procedures and documents required may vary slightly depending on the Autonomous Community where the school you choose is located. However, there are some general requirements that apply nationally and that you will need to meet in order to school your children in Spain.

Necessary documentation:

  1. Certificate of census registration: This is a document that certifies that you reside in Spain and which you must apply for at the corresponding town hall.
  2. Foreigner’s Identification Card (TIE): If you are a non-European citizen, you must obtain a TIE from the Foreigners’ Office.
  3. Passport or identity card: This document is necessary to prove the student’s identity and age.
  4. Academic transcript: It is important that you have a copy of the student’s academic transcript, which must be translated and legalised.
  5. Medical certificate: It is necessary to have a medical certificate that certifies that the student is in good health.
  6. Vaccination record: You will need to present the student’s up-to-date vaccination record.

You may also be asked for additional documents depending on the autonomous community where the school of your choice is located.

LMI College grants:

LMI College is a British school located in La Moraleja, Madrid, which offers a bilingual education (Spanish and English) from the age of 2 to 18. The school has an admissions department that can help you through the whole schooling process, including obtaining the necessary documents.

In addition, LMI College offers a range of grants and scholarships to facilitate students’ schooling, including:

  1. Academic Excellence Scholarships: These scholarships are intended for students who demonstrate excellent academic performance and can cover up to 50% of tuition fees.
  2. Grants for large families: LMI College offers tuition discounts for large families.
  3. Grants for students with special educational needs: The college has a team of professionals specialised in the care of students with special educational needs and can offer specific grants for these cases.

In summary, if you are planning to move to Spain from abroad and you need to send your children to school, it is important that you know the procedures and documents necessary to do so correctly. In addition, you can count on the help of schools such as LMI College, which offer grants and scholarships to facilitate the schooling of students.

Abrir Chat
💬 Necesitas ayuda?
Bienvenido a LMI College 👋
Somos el único colegio británico en España con clases en grupos reducidos.
¿Cómo podemos ayudarte? 🎓